Eaton Senior Communities provide affordable housing for individuals over the age of 62. Today, it is one of only eight Denver-metro subsidized senior communities serving meals and providing an interdisciplinary Community Consultation Team.
Eaton’s mission of “providing affordable housing in a service-rich environment that enables all to live to their fullest potential” is supported by the following programs:
· Health and Wellness Program: The program offers a full-time nurse; a supervised fitness center; classes and clinics; educational speakers; student internships; complementary and alternative medicine clinics; wellness coaching; therapies; programs addressing balance, continence, dementia and pain management; along with an award-winning inter-disciplinary Community Consultation Team.
· Service Coordination Program: The Resident Services Coordinator connects residents and families with supportive services within the community. These services can empower residents to remain self-sufficient and to live in the apartment community for as long as possible. From assistance with Medicaid to grant funding opportunities to general information and referrals, the Service Coordinator helps connect residents to the resources they need.
· Dining Program: Meals are served in a communal dining room Monday through Friday, with a café menu on weekends.
· Life Enrichment Program: Educational and art classes, social events, gardening, and bus trips to grocery stores and other recreational outings.
· Volunteer and Community Programs engage individuals from within and outside Eaton.
· Pastoral Advocate/Ministry Program gives encouragement, respect and nurturing for the meaningful faith that has sustained residents and staff throughout their lives. This multi-dimensional spiritual ministry provides residents access to ecumenical weekly worship services, grief and loss support, hospital visitation, memorial and funeral services, prayer groups and individual support. Currently, 15 faith traditions are represented.
Eaton is well-recognized within the field of aging services for the community’s focus on housing-plus-services and wellness. In 2017, Eaton was awarded the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s “Award for Health Equity” for their programs in affordable housing.