Now in its 20th year, YouthPower365 will host the PwrHrs Extended Learning Conference from November 7th - November 9th, 2018. This network is to bookend this event by bringing together educators, out-of-school practitioners, funders, policy-makers, and other stakeholders to discuss and collaborate around rural extended learning. Our goal for the conference and this network is to help move the needle toward a nation where quality out-of-school learning opportunities are available to all children in need no matter where they live. As with the Conference, this group will focus on three strands of practice, evaluation, and policy of extended learning while addressing challenges and opportunities unique to rural communities.
We will ask network participants to help formulate assessments and outcomes around our measureable goals are to:
- Build a network around Rural Extended Learning to help inform, inspire and empower rural
- community stakeholders to learn from peers, share successes and co-create solutions to common challenges,
- Convene practitioners and stakeholders for collaboration around innovative curriculum design
- Share capacity-building expertise in the Extended Learning space
- Benefit staff, students, teachers, patrons, community and future generations
For more information, please visit our website at www.youthpower365.org.
YouthPower365 is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with an extraordinary history of serving children and families throughout Eagle County. From the inception of our organization, YouthPower365 staff and leadership have studied our ever-changing resort community to provide optimal services to the working families who struggle every day to make ends meet and to raise educated, well-rounded children.
YouthPower365 has grown in both size and services over the course of our history to respond to the growing and changing demand for high quality support services. We now have 17 full time staff, employ 168 teachers in the after school programs, and
utilize 200+ volunteers. Today, we operate a cradle-to-career pipeline focused on overcoming the opportunity gap faced by many of our youth and families.